SCAI 3rd year students are on Industrial attachment in various organizations in Kenya. The attachment session runs for a period of 12 weeks. Industrial attachment programme is meant to:
- To provide an opportunity for students to discover, learn about, and familiarize with industry of their discipline, and with organizations within the industry.
- To provide an opportunity for students to observe real-life practices and implementation of theoretical lessons and principles.
- To provide the opportunity for the industry to identify potential employees from among the industrial trainees and to feedback comments on the programme.
- To ensure coursework and training programmes satisfy the expectations of the industry, and ensure the programmes are relevant and up to date.
Overall, students will gain experience in the following:
- Ability to work under supervision and directions
- Organizational skills and professional awareness
- Communication skills
- Efficiently completing tasks, fostering good relationship with seniors and subordinates